Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jighead 3

bobber fishing

9 posts in this topic

going to the pond this weekend will bobber fishing be a good tactic for my wife and I ? indian point ?

it will be good if you have a good wind blowing fish onto the rocks otherwise it can be tough good luck

Jighead I was there today and the only fish we caught were on rocks. 0 mud, 0 gravel, 5 on rocks with slip bobbers. Were rigging on the flats with no luck. Fished Indian point from 11 to 12:30 and boated 3 fish. Saw a few others around us caught. Had to be off the lake by 1 to get home for kids baseball or we would have stayed on the rocks for a while longer.

jighead,

Many fish have been caught over the last couple of days by guys corking on the edge of the mud flats also.

thanks guys it sounds encouraging

Make sure you let us know how you do. Good luck.

Does bobber fishing usually work better at night or is it an all day thing?

I use bobbers more at night, but it can be an all day thing. You have to have the waves pounding into the rocks though.

Some people are having success pulling spinners already out on the gravel and the mud. That's what I have heard. I saw the PWT leader board and it looks like the guys that we have talked to were having success that way.

The only way I caught fish last weekend was with spinners. Seemed like the only thing they wanted.