Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tcmarathon

Six Days and Counting

3 posts in this topic

My buddies and are leaving for our first trip to Cass Lake next Wednesday (6th) and staying at Break on the Lake Resort. Wondering if anyone can give us some insight on what to expect and where to try fishing for walleyes. I have been reading the posts for the last couple of weeks to try and get a few suggestions, but now that we are closer and the weather appears to be moderating I was wondering what we should use and where we should try.

Also, how is the evening and dusk bite? Any good lighted bobber fishing locations? Any northern fishing suggestions also would be helpful.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

TC (Kevin)

TC,

If this is the first time you will be on Cass I would suggest giving Brian Jones a ring. He lives on the lake and his dad is on the lake most days. They talk on the cell and together they have never disappointed me. I book Brian the first day I am here and he tells me what is hitting, where and what depth. He is not stingy with the information and he puts you on fish. The last three years of using Brian, we have booked 4 half day trips each year over the two weeks being up at Cass and we have had 11 adult family members take home their limits of 6 eyes each and a mess of perch. He can even put you on the toothy critters if you like and he is an avid musky hunter as well. His company is First Choice Guide Service. He is my top guide on Cass and I have had many of the "more famous" guides in the past. The only thing that some of them are "famous" for is the exact 4 hour half day trip from dock to dock and very little information that you can use after you leave their boat! Brian is a young family man who is trying to build a growing business and he has done himself proud so far. Give him a call, I know you won't be sorry you did. PS Make sure you bring him some chocolate or sugary breakfast treat and you will be in good with him. Pop Tarts or granola bars usually work for a morning trip. If you do an evening trip make sure to pack a few extra frostys and you will be set.

Windy

You'll love it up here. Break is a nice place also and Steve is good people. The walleyes are all over the breaks right now anywhere from 9-20+ft. You can drag jigs and shinners or live bait rigs tipped with leaches and minnows. Good luck!! Cass is on now.