Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishin_spooge

Sunfish Lake-Lake Elmo Area

4 posts in this topic

Anyone ever hike in on those trails off of Highway 5, and if so...Have you caught anything or is am I imagining that there might be fish in there?

Justin

I dunno, I will check it out and see what I find.

I tried that lake once many years ago and found tons of nice size gills. They were wormy though....don't know if things have cleared up since, but you should keep an eye out while cleaning any fish.

I used to live next to the park there. That lake has had times when there were sunfish in it but it's been years since I've seen it. It used to be every 5 yuears or so they would boom and you would see tons of people fishing it for the gills. I tried it a few years ago with no success. Just saw minnows in the lake.