Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Petey923

Trolling speeds?

Petey923

What is a good range for trolling speeds? I have GPS in the boat now and it tells me with great accuracy how fast I'm going, but now I seem to be doubting myself as far as the speed with which to troll. I used to go on feel but since I haven't had much success this year, I thought I would throw the question out there. I usually troll in the 12'-15' range for Bass/Pike. Thanks in advance!

Kyle Sandberg

With plugs, I like to troll anywhere from 1 mph up to 2.5 mph. It all depends on how the fish are (negative, positive, neutral). Trolling with spinners I like to stay around 1 mph and even slower with snells.

markkstanley

For pike/musky speeds up to 5mph - but I usually start ~2.5 and vary it until I find the speed that works. Spring walleye ~2 to 2.5mph. This assumes you are draggin cranks/spinnerbaits.

Juan Grande

What kind of cranks do you guys use to go after multi-species like pike, bass and walleye?

I did quite a bit of trolling last weekend with a #5 shad rap (4-9 ft depth) in 8-12 feet of water and had very little luck.

Petey923

I'm usually pulling Rapala's, what I refer to as a "stick bait" (Not sure what it is really called, this is what my grandpa used to call it). Three sets of barbs, about 6-7 inches long. I've had very good luck in the past catching Bass and Pike on these. I have 5 different color schemes (black/gold & black/silver being the most productive), but am not having any luck so far! Thanks for the replies all!

JDZWART

Early in the year, you need to be running the lures right over the top of the weeds to trigger strikes. We did well on the opener pulling stick baits on Tonka, just over the tops of the weeds, in 9-12FOW. If your not snagging a few weeds every now and then, you are not getting the lure down deep enough.

Hermy Wormy

Well Juan,

I guess our lures were deep enough!! grin.gif