Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterhog

white earth

22 posts in this topic

My family and I will be spending a week fishing white earth lake the first week of july. how is the walleye fishing on this lake?? the amount of structure is impressive!! thanks!

Bring crawlers and lots fo them. Fish shallow and on the breaks and you will find them...Fish SLOW and light gear.

thanks for the tip!! I appreciate it and look forward to getting on that lake!

If I were you I would pack

1/8 1/4 3/8 oz lindy sinkers so your ready for most depths

small swivles

clear green/red/yellow/glow beads

Red Hooks

Worm Blower Upper

Make your own lindy's 4-8 feet in length with one or two beads in front of your lindy rig hooks. I always run 2 hooks for crawlers on that lake. Use the worm Blower Upper to have the crawler float up above the weeds. Fish the edges of weeds and get your rears up early. Usually we are on the water before sunrise and off by 10 am. Start off on points or rock piles. Or start on the island. Not a hard lake to fish but just gotta find a spot and try it. Some guys pull cranks on flats at low light and do good. Tried it once out deep with down riggers and got 3 in an hour then nothing :S Some guys jig with fat heads and do ok. Never fished minnows up there.

the bite gets slow there in july i fish this lake all summer i live only a few miles away... you might want just plain snells with leeches or crawlers. or else spinners. fish the underwater islands and points in about 15-20 FOW or

Dont forget that night trolling crank bite out there.

A. Shae

are there other species of fish in this lake worth fishing for besides walleye??? I see it has just about everything form smallies, northerns to pannies.

What resort are you staying at?

A couple years ago we caught some very nice blue gills and sunnies.

we are staying at new horizon resort. looks like a good place!!!

Quote:

we are staying at new horizon resort. looks like a good place!!!

Are you with the leroy and martha family?

Fellas, I'll likely be out on White Earth during that timeframe. Be sure to stop by and say howdy. I'll be in a black and red Skeeter with a 150 Yammy on the back.

no. why do u ask???

Quote:

no. why do u ask???

My wife's family rents a bunch of the new horizon cottages every year over the 4th. They've been doing it for years. We'll be up there this year again. Thought you might be one of the rellys.

Quote:

Fellas, I'll likely be out on White Earth during that timeframe. Be sure to stop by and say howdy. I'll be in a black and red Skeeter with a 150 Yammy on the back.

Save some walleyes for us!

nope but hope to see you out there. we are actually there the weekend after the 4th.

My fishin' buddy was up there with a a different buddy and they caught some nice fish. The bite was pretty good, so I hear.

Quote:

Quote:

Save some walleyes for us!

Don't worry about me catching too many walleyes on White Earth- that's one lake that really has my number. Despite all the great reports on the lake here, I consistently struggle out there. There's tons of area lakes I consistently catch walleyes on, but White Earth is NOT one of them.

Anyone hear how the tourney went out there this past weekend? Plenty of boats around on Sat. Any idea of how the winning team was fishing?

I heard the winning weight was something like 6 fish for 11 pounds and most people had a tough time out there, but that is all second hand info. Scoot were you out there on Saturday? I thought I saw a boat that matched the description you gave fishing by the island.

Yep, I was out there. I was by the island towards sundown on Sat night. Did you pull in there later in the evening with another fella?

Yep, I was there with two other people and fished more on the SE side. We weren't there long, just long enough to go down that side once.

the boys that won that tourny were in a Red and White Skeeter , prolly them you saw

I am going to try it tonight -- i will leave a report on Friday am.

Hit