Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sniper9

Looking for some action??

6 posts in this topic

I have not been out around here for over a week, I was in mobridge getting blown all over the river, high winds everyday, caught a few nice fish but it was my worst trip Ive ever had in mobridge. I have to take my father-in-law fishing this weekend and he is not very patient he expects fast action and he is a poor fisherman so I cant lindy my only options are to pull shads or slip bobber and I have no idea where to go?? whats been hot around here diamond,long,green?? any help would be great and Im not a fish hog would keep one meal and release the rest. It could be a long weekend for me!!!

man that is a tough one...I seemed to hear awhile back that some walleyes were hitting on the point on Diamond that goes into Dogfish bay...

otherwise, you could always come down with the flu or something and go fishing w/out the father-in-law grin.gif

Try for crappies in the cabbage weeds on Green. Might also get a bonus big eye.

If ya slipbobber try long by Willmar,east side of small island,before it gets too weedy.

Dragging shads around can be rather boring. Could try casting for bass on Norway. Spinnerbaits will even work around some of the weeds.

Thanks for the ideas guys best one was probably getting the flu haha. Where is the cabbage on green?? I dont know to much about the lake. just the main bars. Crappies would be a blast!!