Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PRFISHER

Best place in the world?

14 posts in this topic

Is otter tail county the best place to live in the whole entire world?

Since opener I have fished on 8 different lakes and three of those there has been a 26" or bigger walleye caught and subsequently released. 2 out of the 3 were caught from shore... How many counties in Mn can you do that in???

My vote is for Otter tail county as the best in all the state. Yes there are better lakes out there in different counties but not as many quality lakes. Or maybe I'm just living the dream....

Good Luck to all that come up and use this wonderfull resource, but be careful there are a lot of us locals that really enjoy it so don't abuse it... We will be watching...

Yes! grin.gif

I don't want to start anything but from what i've seen you better keep a close eye on the local boys too..Some of them enjoy it a little excessively....

Right you are Jerkin'm, sadly right you are. I still think that there is more people that really love to enjoy this area than the ones out there just to abuse it.

My point was that I like many others around here enjoy our resources. I appoligize for putting anyone that "comes up" into a bad group of violators. As far as you witnessing this, then turn them in! TIP

I agree with everyone enjoying it as well...Saw a little behavior that I hadn't seen in years...Pulled out of the Pelican access on OT last night...what do I see in the water? Dozens of sunfish and bass carcasses chucked in the water right next to shore...HUGE sunfish too...Also saw the wardens at the access with spotting scopes in the afternoon.. grin.gif

Are you kidding me? Otter Tail is way over rated. Too many mush water lakes, too many prople fighting to take your spot, and too little fish to be caught....just kidding. PRFISHER, if only the beauty of the area was enough to keep you out of trouble, it has to be awesome.

OT is a great place, except too many people on the weekend, enjoy fishing on weekdays much more.

Yep, great place for sure.

Are you going to be fishing with Da Ranger this weekend?

Nope. OT is nothing but mudholes and bullheads.

Nothing here to see........ grin.gif

The only reason I go to OT cty is to remember how good I have it now that I moved away. Nothing but bad memories and empty cans. Stay away, and don't waste your time!

This makes me think about how someone will post a good bite on a lake, and it completely flipflops in the next 2 years. So don't bother coming up to this little slice of heav... I mean, dump at all!

We will be on your pond Friday night.... End of the year fishing contest and party...

I'm guessing the party will be pretty good, you will probably hear us.

All city rummage sale sat.(City?) and the war department says I have to help. Saturday and Sunday nights I will be out somewhere. Going to get out tonight if the rain holds off. How about you? Have you been out at all?

I will be doing rummage sale prep Friday.By Friday evening, you might have to have Da Ranger make an adult beverage delivery to my dock.

I was out yesterday morning, and Monday evening. Frankly, it was dang lousy. It was showing some signs of improvement yesteday afternoon.

I have the perfect beverage for you. Seems I still have one from the last time I parked at your dock. Gold can, says "Boddingtons" on it.

LOL! The Warden won those at an elk banquet about a year and a half ago, LOL!