Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMF89

Crystal/Marion/Orchard?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'm headin out to one of those tomorrow, probably Orchard, and I was wondering if I could get any reports? If you guys don't want them public, feel free to email me at tmf89@yahoo.com. I don't check that email that often though, so please post in here saying you emailed me! Otherwise, any general structure/depths/lures you've been finding crappies/pannies/bass/walleyes/northerns on for those lakes? Thanks for your time guys!

Any luck on Orchard?

Orchard is a great little lake for bass though it can have a tough bite. I know somebody who swears the next state record is swimming around in there but take any lake that size with deep water and you have the potential for a state record.

That said, I've had some good luck in a few spots...The first is on a point directly east of the public landing. Work that area in the bay on the south end around to the north end of the point. This can be a great spot. Another location is on the opposite end of the lake on the north side. Work the shoreline casting up to the weededge. I've almost exclusively fished plastics and had great luck, especially with a Berkley Power Minnow and Yum Dinger. I've also nabbed a few with a yellow/orange X-Rap.

Good luck! Post how you did afterwards eh?