Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deerdragger

Marion Lake

6 posts in this topic

We're heading there for the Holiday weekend...I've fished the lake a bit in year's past, so I have some familiarity with it...Just wondering if there's been any sort of a walleye bit out there so far this year?

Thanks for all the assistance...

FYI - We had a fairly decent weekend on Marion. It was a family affair, so the overall interest was in action (quantity rather than quality). We pretty much stuck to trolling cranks along the weedline. The pike were extremely active, as were the bass.

Caught two bonus 'eyes on Sunday evening pulling cranks. Nice fish, a 20" and a 17". They fell to a Minnow Rap in good ol' Audubon Zephyr Purple.

Deerdragger, where did you catch the walleyes? How deep?

We had some luck on the NE shore of the big lake. A few walleyes on the sand break, 10-14ft. Small shiners seemed to work the best.

Hope that helps.

We picked up the 'eyes on the southern shore of the main body of water (eastern half of the lake) - on the corner where the access is. They were in the weeds between 12 and 14 feet of water.

My luck wasnt very good yesterday... tried a few different areas, but the bite seemed off. Saw about 8 or 9 boats on the water with no-one really too excited about anything. Unfortunately I had to head home early so who knows, it may have picked up towards sundown.