• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any recent reports??? Thinking about heading up to the cabin tomorrow... Walleyes, crappies, gills??? I'm sure it will be busy...

Thanks in advance.

Eyes'

little eyes very little everywhere pretty much and little crappies personaly giving up on waska for eyes for a few years till they grow up again confused.gif

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Eyehunter Minnewaska has some very nice fish in the lake, lots of nice fish last Fall same size range Corey is talking about. It sounds like you need to learn how to locate those fish. Sounds like you had a great day Corey, a few lakes around Morris have been giving up some nice fish in between the constant weather changes.

How is the bass fishing on this lake?? I was up there a few weeks ago for a wedding and didn’t have a chance to get on the lake??

Cory,

Your posts on Minnewaska have been very informative for the people who really read into them.

BTW, I met you at the ramp the other morning and we were talking about exactly what you posted above regarding the change of location of walleyes in the lake. The bass guys throwing hard baits know exactly what you are talking about.

Bassman,

You need to get down to Waska. It can take a little while to figure out, but it is loaded with 3-4lb. largemouth and smallmouth.

Corey...great job on all the postive posts on Waska!!!

I am an Amelia and was gong to hit Waska over the weekend...but Amelia was not only whitecaps...but foamy!! I decided to wait.

Keep up the good work on keeping us up to speed...oh ya...we all know Waska is not worth fishing anyway...right wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Quote:

How is the bass fishing on this lake?? I was up there a few weeks ago for a wedding and didn’t have a chance to get on the lake??

It is not hard to catch bass on waska right now. Anything will work. I was out on Friday for the first time in the morning on the Starbuck end. Went to Priest Point and caught a few small eyes on fatheads then went to the south shoreline and worked a jig off the bottom in about 14' of water and nailed a 19 1/2". Had to leave and did not make it out the rest of the weekend. I think I caught 50 bass in the 4 hours I was out and I was fishing for eyes.

Corey

Where did you catch all the nice eyes? If you want to share but not post it here you can email me at [email protected] . Always looking for good spots to fish and to take my two young boys out fishing.

when your talking loaded with 3-4 lb fish, is it hard to find these fish?

Only fished minnewaska twice. Once just kind of screwing around and then last sunday spent about 3 hours chasing smallies. Only caught 8 but 3 were between 18 and 19 inches. Fish were really scattered where i was fishing just catching one here and one there, not really that grouped up. Just wondering how the smallie bite is typically, more numbers or size or both. Also, generally, what is the preferred approach for largemouth, deep, shallow, or in between; weedlines, pencil reeds, docks, rocks, flats, etc. Not looking for specific spots, just a general idea to help get me started.

Are most of the bigger bass deeper? I was out there memorial weekend in the tsunami waves and only caught little ones. What lures? And where, the points and boulders?

We fished smallies on sunday and got them in 4-7 fow. Gravel/Rock areas/transitions. Also saw quite a few of them just cruising the bottom.

lol i was just venting corey you really didnt have to delete, sorry guys i just get a little upset sometimes, waskas my fav lake and its seen just a hair to much attention the last few seasons, but whatever I guess. Have fun, anyhow I'll be moving out of the area soon, too move to spicer area so once again sorry if i made anyone upset confused.gif

please come eat all of the bass the lakes got more 3-5 large mouth than you can believe, Id say they are taking over the lake, them and 2 pound pike and 5-14 inch walleyes everywhere like perch.

eye10,

I WAS feeling you're frustration, but then you go and say the lake's full of 3-5# bass and inviting everyone to come up and EAT them and that there taking over the lake. Good thing waska isn't gonna be your "home" lake any more. BTW, 1-2# LM, yes, but 3-5#??? At least Corey's info is accurate, although I do admit I wish everyone didn't have to know about it. Still gotta be able to catch em, just don't enjoy it as much with the added # of boats. Yes, Selfishness is my middle name. lol. I'm workin on it!

you have a good start there goose!! tongue.gif.. waska is a big lake and im sure it can hold more that its share of boats.. just my 2 cents worth