Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrairieHunter

Gull Lake

5 posts in this topic

We are staying at Maddens. New to Gull, but friends tell me early walleye is mostly the north end of Gull.

Long run (gas and time) to the north end of Gull - if the wind picks up not fun run either. Not looking for GPS coordinates - just some starting "areas".

Are the majority of the walleyes still up on the north end of Gull?

Looking at a map, where would one start in Steamboat or Wilson Bay for this weekend?

General depth, shoreline or midlake structure?

Thanks.

I would suggest that you get bait at Sportland. Jason is great to work with. Good luck!

BHS

Wilson and Steamboat both hold a good population of walleye's. Fish have for the past two weeks been in 13 - 17 ft of water near emerging weeds. Hard bottom (some rocks) is key. Fish may start to move a bit deeper..

I would also talk to Jason....Shiners have been the best bait for some time... I would think leeches will start to be good as the water slowly warms up...

JC

Three of us got out Wednesday night and had a real nice evening of fishing. Finally almost no wind, warm, and the fish were very hungry. Kept 11 from 14-18.5, C&R a couple of dozen under that. We caught them from 12'-24'.

Have a great weekend.

Wind.

I do not have the ability to control my boat over structure in 30 mph winds. Fished Steamboat on the windy side and my son and I picked up some very plump 17" eyes. cool.gif

I notice a guy casting off his dock into 30 mph winds - thought he is out there for a reason. Worked 10 - 17 feet depths in front of this area and bam. I will take this kind of luck anyday.