Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishcanoe

Bowfishing near Battle Lake?

6 posts in this topic

I've noticed, as I've been lurking, a bowfishing contingent here on the forum. My son(12) and I are planning on trying some bow fishing in the Battle Lake area this weekend. Does anyone have some advice on lakes that need some carp shot? How about back waters on the Ottertail? I've got access to a boat or carry in a canoe. Thanks in advance for any tips!

I don't bowfish my self but know that there is some good bowfishing on Big Pine Lake in the rushes next to the dam. Best time I think would be beginning to mid June when the carp start spawning. Always see a good number of carp jumping the dam and congregating in the rushes next to it. Hope this helps.

theres a lake between Batlle Lake and Underwood sout5h a couple miles of 210 called Long its connected to Stalker and it has a lot of gar in it follow the shore lines and you will have fun

Gar? Now that would be cool. Do you access long lake from the Dam or the North side? I was also thinking of Christina. Has anyone seen carp on that lake?

People will put boats on Long along the north end. There is no public access or any parking to speak of.

Stalker has a lot of Gar in it too.

Christina was poisoned a few years ago, and is managed for waterfowl.

I have a place on Long when you put in on long you will see two places a long the road you can put in. I wouldn't put in where the calvert is there is a deep hole there so you can get you boat off the trailer but that's about as far as you are going to get unless you can pick your boat and carry it over a muck bar for about 20 feet. And the gar numbers are down there is still plenty of them in there but you won't start seeing them untill it warms up a bit and the sun is out I have been out there fishing the last couple weekends and I haven't seen any.