Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big_Cahuna

Wind

5 posts in this topic

Here in Brainerd we have had some wind for the past week or so. Is it similar to what is going on up on URL? I have a old military friend coming to visit and I wanted to get up there take a lash at some crappies. The wind issues are something I'm trying to avoid. Any input appreciated.

Try this iWindsurf.com.We are heading up this weekend from Deerwood and it looks like it wont be too bad.When are you going?

The wind is always a factor on Red Lake and it has been blowing for a few days, best you can do is come up and launch and se what happens. Remember you can launch out of the east side at Westwinds or the River for East wind, North wind and calm days, South winds, calm days and South west winds Morts on the south shore is a good place to launch.

Just remember Upper Red is not a pond, it is 100,000+ acres of wave making machine so try to be aware of the weather to come to save your hide and the weather previous to save your day of fishing, when it is calm fish it like a shield lake and when the weather has been rough fish it like a river while keeping your eye on the sky, you do not want to be a spot on this map in rough seas:

upperredbeltramidp1.png

Heres the iwindsurf page. Very helpful in predicting wind.

Winds

I have it on mille lacs right know. If you want to change it, on the left side, it says switch site. Hit that and select the city.

Work took me away for a few weeks. I'll tell you the people in Chicago are so envious of the fishing we have here. Kinda cool to have so many think so much of our backyard. So I didn't get up there DW how did it go for you?

BC