Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
senkoskipper

When will Lowrence come out with Sideimaging?

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone here represent lowrence or know if they are going to be coming out with something to compete with the SI. All i got to say is that sideimaging just made everything obsolete. Why would you want to just look at a line on a screen anymore when you can see the whole bottom.

Not soon enough! I can't leave the Lowrance line, so I'll wait. Plus, I don't want to switch to Navionics.

Side imaging is nice, but it only has limited application. It only works at very slow speed, otherwise the image is very blurry.

I'm guessing that they're working on it now. When and if their sales drop they will come out with something comparable.

SI, isn't going to replace the traditional sounders. Its might be nice as an additional sounder but it won't replace it.

Quote:

SI, isn't going to replace the traditional sounders. Its might be nice as an additional sounder but it won't replace it.

It wont happen right away but give it time. I rather see the whole bottom, not some squiggly line that looks like one of those heart monitors in the hospital.

anything that makes it easier for the ave fisherman to fish will always be popular. my finder does read the whole bottom..... its just a different way that information is displayed.

- but like stated before - it would be a nice addition. but i would never think of replacing my traditional finder.

the only thing that competes with lowrance is raymarine. raymarine being the heavy weight.