Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeepguy

Clearwater launches???

9 posts in this topic

I launched on the public launch across from McBrides bar and grill recently. But where is a good spot, public or private to launch as well (on a busy day).

There's another landing north of the access you used near McBride's. The other landing has a gravel road and is not nearly as nice as the one by McBride's. Head north from McBride's, go past BJ's Bait, and the access isn't too far down the road from there on your right hand side. I think it's marked with a Public Access sign.

The landing north of Mcbrides that Schloeride is referring to was upgraded last year and in my opinion is just as good as the access near Mcbrides. It has just as much parking, if not more, and 2 landings. We had no problems launching a 18 1/2 footer there with a bunk trailer. The lot was also paved. The road leading to it is still gravel.

That is the black pool landing.

I didn't realize it had been paved. The last time I used that landing was several years ago. There was no problem landing there, but the other one was better. Nice to know that it's been upgrade.

Does anyone know if the water level on Clearwater is lower than last year. If so, any problems getting through the channel from the black hole access to the main lake?

Bones is that the access inhte northwest bay? I have thought of launching from there. But worried about shallow water to the main lake.

You can easily get through the black pool channel to the main basin, also there is a pay on on the east basin off hwy 24, I think its 5 bucks?

The pay access off 24 is $5 and the owner is there to help everyone park and find a spot.