Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim Ellis

1st river outing of the year North of Sartell Dam Report 5/21/07

15 posts in this topic

We went out at 5 pm til 11 pm and pulled spinners with crawlers and leeches which boated 10-12 walleyes from 14-18" in length. Depths varied from 8'-23' but most came from 13'-15'. Anyone else catching any?

The walleyes are biting below the dam as well, though it's better if you have a boat. If you don't, the shore is producing where Watab enters, but it's usually kind of busy. They've been hitting crawlers, leeches, and minnows, so it's really a matter of waiting a while and sifting through the little guys, though it's pretty easy to get a limit of 14-20'' if you are patient enough.

can anyone share any good spots to catch cats from the sartell dam to the rice bridge? Better yet a mile or two north or south of the County Park?

I have been having a little luck north of Blanchard but the lower stretch is closer to home, I just don't know it as well.

Thanks.

We've caught a few above the dam but you're a lot better off fishing 'em below...

If you look to the current breaks you will find fish...if you want to try up by the county park, cautiously take your boat upriver from there until you're almost to the Rice bridge and fish a current break--we've had luck doing this a couple of times but the action has always been better for us below the dam.

Have fun.

SA/wdw

I was just at boat acces up stream of Sartell Paper Mill on Tuesday. Looks like there are some danger makes out from launch. I would assum it is shallow. Anyone have any luck for catfosh up their? Up or below dam? Anysize?

I don't know about catfish but it sure seems like the smallie fishermen are quite here after opening weekend. We went to Mille Lacs. Did anyone hit the river above the Sartell Dam Sat. or Sun. How did you do? I think we are going to hit it this weekend.

i've been out catfishing between the sartell dam and blanchard dam and have preety good luck when i've been out..no monsters yet but plenty of the 3-5lbs

mpsteckel

Is Sartell dam down steam of Blanchard Dam or visversa

Sartell is downstream.

Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to shoot carp with the bow and arrow between Sartell and the Blanchard Dam. I see them a lot when I am bass fishing around there and I just got a set up and would like to shoot some. And one more thing what spots generally do you like to target these fish?

Thanks

Went out last night. Walleyes were tough to come by but the Smallies really turned on.

Finally there is some mention of Smallies. What time of the day where you fishing? I haven't been on the river yet but I was hoping maybe on Sunday.

Nels

looking forward to July when I can wade for smallies, casting my fly rod with a popper. NOTHIN' BETTER!

SA/wdw

I was fishing in the evening and they really started to hit about dark. I was pulling spinners for Walleyes and the smallies often like to hit these. I also saw a guy in waders and fly rod catching quite a few.