Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farley

Kab report 5/24-5/27

6 posts in this topic

Water levels are about 3 feet down on Kab\Nam, 6 foot down on Rainy. We caught probably 30 walleyes, biggest being 24", most came off windblown points, using minnows on lindy rigs, red hook and green bead, 10-20 fow. Sunday we caught fish all afternoon, but other days we seemed to catch the end of a morning bite around noon-1:00 (we rarely got out before noon). Lots of wind, so if you can stay on the points, jigging should work, otherwise what we did was set up upwind, throw out the driftsock and use the trolling motor to keep us at a certian depth, drifting at .5 mph. Also caught a few saugers up shallow closer to night. Green seemed to be the triggering color for us. Friday we had to come off the lake because it was so hot, Saturday night it snowed.

Kab report and Water levels, Glad you caught fish and had a good time. However, the lake level comment isn't quite right. Rainy is down only about 2 feet and here at Kab, we are about 3 feet from the top of the rule curve. We aren't at the top very often. Thus we are also about 2 feet from what is the "normal level" Check out lakes.bc.com and you can see the up to date data. Fishkab

So what you're sayin is not everything I hear at Red Pine is true? grin.gif Heard that info from a few locals.

Farley,, that is probably true, and it depends on how much of the fire water was consumed... Fishkab

Farley.... I think i ran in to you at Red Pine on Sat night..3 St Cloud guys and 1 from Litchfield that knew some from your group.... We ended up doing okay as well....Same set up as you guys... Lindy and red hook with green or white bead...I also used a gold spinner and had some luck with that too.....The trip always goes to fast but hopefully we will be back in late June.... Maybe we will see you around again...

Yeah that was us. Boy, ol' Red Pine was hoppin that night.

Well I guess you know where to find us if we are up there.