Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBW

How's the walleye bite on Gull ?

6 posts in this topic

I'm getting back up to Gull for the holiday weekend and was curious if anyone had a report on the bite on Gull. When I was up for opener, it was some pretty hard fishing. I usually hit the channel by Zorbaz and didn't do as well this year as I have in past years.

Anyone know if they picked up in the channel yet, or can you recommend where would be a good place to start on the big lake ?

Thanks folks !

Check out Jasons report from yesterday and then stop at Sportland when you come up and he will put you on the fish.

I would not fish the channel because it will be busy. Also, there are plenty of fish on the north end, try 18-22 ft or 10-14ft with shinners on lindy rigs

Ive been out the last coule days and the bite has slowed way down. Most of the fish have moved very deep wich is not good. still catching some smaller ones one the weed line and I meen small(under 12 inches). Marked a ton of bigger fish out in 45 to 50 ft but they wouldnt even think of eating. Hopfully this wind will die down a bit. It aint helpin any.

Duck

thats what you get for fishing gull. better off finding a good lake to fish smile.gifsmile.gif

hhmm, Gull is one of the best lakes in the area, if you know how to fish it