Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Bimini Cover

5 posts in this topic

Any of you guys use these? I just got one off of Ebay for a deal. Figured it would be nice when my baby girl is old enough so I can block some UV and also for me when it's hot and when it starts to rain. Maybe be able to go out or stay out a little more since the days I'm allowed out are a couple times a week. Once I plan a day my wife holds me to it 'cause she makes plans around it so would like to still go out no matter what. What do those that use them think of them.

I used to have one that snapped onto one of my guide boats. It worked great when I had older clients in the boat or families with kids. The one I had just had four little pockets that attached to the gunwale then popped on or popped off so when not needed it wasn't in the way or effecting the cool factor.

They are great. I got one to keep my dogs cooler in the July/August heat and sun, and I find I actually use it a ton more in the summer now too. It can make about 20 degree difference I swear. Also great for the light drizzle rain when walleye fishing.

Just make sure to check everything when moutning, and then double check before mounting. Throttle, livewells, rod holders when up, etc. etc. Ours is perfect, but we adjusted it several times beofre drilling. It can be popped off with two connectors, one on each side. So it is easy on, easy off.

The only complaint we have is that when trolling/drifting, and holding the rod over the side (i.e. we have side console and when in drivers seat operating troll motor or trolloing with big motor) the tubes are in the way of us laying our arm flat on gunwale. It just is not as comfortable with arms on tubes as arms on nice flat surface. That is only drawback.

We can run with ours up at 48 mph gps, but don't do that much. It cruises nicely at 40 mph and is very sturdy.

You will like it.

I use a Bimini on the Lake Superior boat. Sure is nice to be able to get out of the sun. With that style fishing the cover never gets in the way.

They are sweet. My wife and I use to suffer when vacationing with boat out on the lake during the day. Not anymore. A custom bimini shades the cockpit and makes it enjoyable to be in the boat all day.