Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wahoo

Mille Lacs Regs

7 posts in this topic

What are the current regs as far as limit and size restrictions.

thanks!

Limit of 4 walleyes. Protected slot is currently 20" to 28". Fish in this range must be released. Can keep one over 28". Protected slot changes to 22" to 28" sometime in July I think. Not sure the exact date.

Walleye

The walleye opener is May 12, 2007. May 12 - July 14... Release immediately all walleye 20.0" through 28.0" July 15 - November 30... Release immediately all walleye 22.0" through 28.0" December 1 - February 24

2008... Release immediately all walleye 20.0" through 28.0" Possession limit is 4, with not more than 1 over 28.0"

No one may fish for any species or possess fishing gear on the lake from 10 p.m.-6 a.m. starting at 10 p.m. on May 14 and ending at 12:01 a.m. on June 11.

Thanks very much for the info.

Remember, when July comes and the slot changes to 22"-28",

you can only have 1 between 20-22". New statewide law, 1 over 20".

Mille Lacs special regulations supercedes all state laws.

Starting July 15, you can keep 4 walleye under 22 inches

....or

3 walleyes under 22 inches and one over 28 inches.

"Walleye: All 20 inches or larger and 28 inches or smaller must be immediately returned to the water, except one walleye over 28 inches is allowed in possession. Limit four. Starting July 15, all 22 inches or larger and 28 inches or smaller must be returned to the water except one walleye over 28 inches is allowed in possession. Limit four. The slot will revert to four walleye up to 20 inches with one over 28 inches in the four fish limit on Dec. 1."

You are 100% correct cool.gif. Mille Lacs is kind of in a "league of their own" when it comes to regulations. Seperate from the other lakes. Getting hard to keep up.