Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iFishMN.us

Crappie

13 posts in this topic

Caught my biggest crappie this weekend, he bit on sucker minnow while pike fishing. Fished for northern & caught crappie, fished for crappie got line snapped by northern. Had the cell phone camera with me at least.

14.5" 1lb 9oz

19ozcrappienv1.jpg

Awesome fish Chad! Congrats!!! grin.gif

congrats chad..looks like you found yourself quite the honey-hole. Is this the same lake as those 2 sunnies you caught?

Nope not the same lake, but close to it. Went out last night and got a couple more nice crappies 13 & 14", and a 9lb northern. We seem to have found a good spot on this lake, very shallow, probably wont last long as the water heats. Been a good year so far, I have caught my biggest sunny & crappie of my life now this year, hope my luck keeps up come bass opener laugh.gif

Did you practice catch and release???? blush.gif

Did you practice catch and release???? blush.gif Nice Fish

Wow that is an awesome crappie I dont think i've ever caught a crappie over 13 inches, and nothing over 9 inches in the metro area... all my big crappies were in Central MN haven't been up north but hopefully that'll change in June for my birthday smile.gif. But god that thing is a monster. That wouldn't be a eating fish but a fish to mount. If you didn't mount it hopefully you released it but if you ate it hey go ahead you are entitled to keep and eat what you catch but AWESOME CRAPPIE!

Thanks for the replies, yes all fish were released as are all of my fish. Went out last night despite the weathermans warning, didnt get rained on at all! Wind calmed down and fish were biting, in about 2.5 hours I got a bunch of crappies, 1 just shy of 14" and one over 14", 2 bass about the same size, weighed one at about 5lbs, lost a couple others, and 2 northern 5 & 8lbs. All fish caught on a spinnerbait, yes I know bass isnt open yet, but spinnerbait was a good option for the location and I caught more northern and crappie than bass. I will post pics on lunch break.

Didnt have the digital camera of course, so the cell phone camera came in handy, but the picture quality just isnt the same.

145crappiereleaseex3.jpg

5lbbass52207vz8.jpg

Nice fish Chad! Congrats!

Chad your my kinda of guy. You go out even when the weather looks dull & bad. grin.gif And I overlooked that you caught that slab on a sucker minnow. That's a huge bait.

Yea I love it when I tell people I am going fishing and they all say "In this crap?" or "Your crazy" and then I go out and have some of the best weather I have had all year, thats what happened Wednesday after all the storms moved through, calm and warm, not hot, the storms didnt seem to affect the fish too much.

Wow! A couple of great fish this early in the year.

Good job man!