• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Can anyone tell me how the landing is at boy scout? Plan on going out the next two days. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!

I used it on Friday and had no major issues. Launched on one side, came back in on the other. Still plenty deep for my 16 footer. The only thing to note is that it is going to be crowded due to several other landings being out of commission (unless you are launching a canoe).

I have a 1800 fisherman and am curious/concerned about coming in and going out, out of the boy scout landing. I've been on the river three previous times (all out of Smithville) so I stepping on new ground.

As soon as I dropped my boat in my graph said I was in 4 ft of water (right next to the dock). It only got deeper from there as I moved out towards the channel.

Launched my 23 footer out of there on Thursday, you should be fine.

I would stay away from Smithville this year. Very low! I have heard of a few horror stories on lower units this spring.

Just got back from the river. No problems at the launch. Fished west of the landing. Lost the only strike of the night. Caught a perch and a few rock bass. Thanks for the report. Will try again tuesday night. Any suggestions would be great.

We did Smithville on the openening weekend and bounced it off some rocks/stumps real close to the dock. If you use it, make sure to be tilled way up and go slow. It's better than Oliver, but still not good at all.