Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhenry

Rainy Lake/ Kettle Falls are

5 posts in this topic

I am headed to Kettle falls this weekend with the family and will be doing some fishing for walleyes and smallmouth. I've been told the walleye bite can be pretty good on the Kettle River. Is it possible to get a border pass by Friday of this week? Do I need it for my wife and kids or just for me. Also, is there any topwater bite this early on Rainy? Thanks.

Yes it possible if you go to Fort Francis, they will issue you and your family a RABC. Good luck and if you do go accross the boarder I do belive you will need a passport to get back into the US

FYI...

You will not need a passport coming back to the USA by car. Photo ID, Yes....

You can get a RABC at the Fort Frances customs office, at the bridge. I got one last week, cost 30$, and took about 15 minutes. You can list your wife and dependents on the same RABC.

Used to take trips up to rainy when I was younger. Had good success most of the time, but had a hard time finding walleye on a couple of the trips. We always went in late august, I've got 2 mounts from there, 15 1/2in crappie, and 20in smally. The smally's are really fun to catch. My cousin had a walleye on jigging in 40 feet of water, they got it up to the boat, but then it snapped his line. They said they figured it was close to 12 or 13pds. My uncle who has fished a ton, said it was the biggest eye he's ever seen.