Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finlander

Tagged Walleye?

12 posts in this topic

Got the number off the tag and measured it (24"), then released it back in the water with no harm done.

What to do next? blush.gif

Send an email to the DNR with size, time caught, and lake along with ID number and a couple of days later they'll send you the info.

They will also want the area number in which you caught the fish.

all launch sites around the lake have forms that you fill out and send in and you will get the info also.............tom fellegy

Last season I caught a 43" pike that was tagged and I emailed all the info to the DNR and I still have not recieved any info on the fish. Very disappointing. Have others had this happen? I really wouldn't care if it were a smaller fish but a fish of this size probably has some real interesting info.

I've e-mailed the DNR tag info many times and have always received a letter of appreciation with info about where/when it was caught and length. As a matter of fact I just e-mailed them one tonight. Usually only takes a few weeks.

Under the Fishing Section of the DNR website, on the right hand side, there is a subtitle TAGGED FISH - when you click on that it gives you a list of all the info they are looking for and then the link to e-mail them the info. It would be nice it they had a fill in form on the e-mail so all the info they needed is what they get.

Vickie

Everything you need to know for reporting tagged fish on Mille Lacs can be found here:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fisheries/taggedfish.html

I've reported a number of tagged fish over the years and have always received a response back.

Aaron

Brood, maybe it got mixed up or you might've typed in the wrong email? If you still have the number, resend it to the DNR and see if you get a reply.

You can also call the Aitkin office. They handle all of the

Mille Lacs data.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this non-related post. Just a reminder about our government in action. Last year I saw a crow die in my yard and called the disease control division of the state health department. They asked me to freeze the bird and sent someone out to pick it up. They sent me a note 2 weeks later stating it had west nile virus and advised me about the risks for mosquitos transmitting the disease in my yard. Just a heads up.

I had a dead crow in my yard, it died of lead poisoning! grin.gifshocked.gifwink.gifwink.gif

The new pellet guns @ 800fps work great! smile.gif

My bro caught a nice 26'' eye over the weekend that had 2 tags in it. He didn't write the numbers down though because he had it out of the water for a while and wanted to get it back in quickly. Would've been nice to see the info on the fish though.