Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hooknhawgs

Eagan

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm new to the area from Mankato and was wondering if there was any good spots for fishing around(shore). Would be targeting walleyes, pike, or bass. Thanks for any help.

HnH

hey! i live in eagan and i think i can help you. Schwanz Lake is a great place for bass me and my friends went there for a full day and caught about 30 bass using texas rigs(no specific color) if ur looking for northern go to holland lake and walleye go to fish lake. just ask for more questions

Pike - Go to Snelling Lake. Bass - try Black Hawk & Bur Oaks. Most Eagan lakes hold LM Bass so their not difficult to find. For the Pike use spinners & spoons. For the bass use plastic worms and jigs.

Fish is pretty weedy right now you can get at the bass this weekend since I can see them on the beds with the gills. Pike fishing is great once the weeds die or if you can hurl a topwater out far enough. Don't be surprised to catch something that doesn't look like it belongs in the lake. Especially in eagan area. That is the first thing I learned.

Bass are in every lake in the area and decent size too.

Got to love the metro lakes.

Is there a good resevior/old pit behind the Bar on Hwy 13 and Yankee Doodle? Its been many years..but it used to be, or still is a really deep 150' plus 'pond' back there. confused.gif

Quote:

Is there a good resevior/old pit behind the Bar on Hwy 13 and Yankee Doodle? Its been many years..but it used to be, or still is a really deep 150' plus 'pond' back there.
confused.gif

In order to get to that pit you'll have to trespass so you need permission. You could walk miles from the Snelling park side to access it legally. But don't be surprise if you catch nothing at all. The pit has very poor oxygen levels even though it is spring fed. You can however catch a few pike, ocassional Bass and Carp over at GunClub which is easier to access than the pits.

That sounds like the spot. It has been 20 years since I was last back there. Sure sounds like its changed alot, Fishing and

land-use wise.

There is a lot of good Bass fishing to be had in Eagan.