Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aces In The Hole

Local Bar?

16 posts in this topic

A few of my friends and I are going to be staying at Eagle's Nest for a week. It is located in Black Bay. My question is, are there any bars or places around that area to hang out and chat with the female locals? We don't want to drive too far, so we are looking for a place within a 1 mile radius or so. Thanks for any advice! ( Not a word MuskieJunkie) grin.gif

By water or road?

Nothing within a mile by road that I know of. The Landing on Hwy. 24 is the closest as far as I remember. Not sure how far it is, but would guess it to be less than 10 miles.

Maybe the locals will chime in.

When are you going to be up? We'll be up the first week of June at Life of Riley Resort on Norwegian Bay. We're coming up from Missouri.

Road or water, it doesn't matter. We just don't want to be driving 20 miles to go somewhere.

We will be up there MAy 26th to June 2nd.

The closest spot by any means of travel to where you'll be located is The Landing. Be careful about boating to the bar and trying to find your way back in the dark. A lack of moonlight will make navigation very difficult, especially if you are new to the route.

The landing is the closest spot, but it's waay more than a mile - probably 10. If you do drive, be extremely careful. There is a sharp corner near the area where the road turns to gravel. I'm in the area just a few weeks and weekends a year, and I bet I've seen 7-8 cars wrapped around trees in that vicintity in the past 5 years! Based on the skid marks they were usually coming from the direction of the landing.

Sounds like taking the boat will be safer. I'll have my GPS with, so I'll be leaving a trail where ever we go, so that we won't get lost. Thanks for the info fellas! cool.gif

By water the Landing is probably closer, but by no means an easy trip at night if you are unfamilier with the lake. By road, Wolf Bay Lodge is not that far.

Quote:

A few of my friends and I are going to be staying at Eagle's Nest for a week. It is located in Black Bay. My question is, are there any bars or places around that area to hang out and chat with the female locals? We don't want to drive too far, so we are looking for a place within a 1 mile radius or so. Thanks for any advice! ( Not a word MuskieJunkie)
grin.gif

Don't drag me into this, I'm a happily married man, I'll tag along though.

The landing is closest, but the "old muni" might be better for the spawning. Or maybe harvest moon. (turn right off 24 like you were going to the transfer station if southbound)

Not that I know.

This "Old Muni" you speak of. Is it hard to find? How far away for The Landing is it? Do you have better directions to it? wink.gif

The Muni is on Main Street in Cook.

It's the old municipal bar. Look at the map of Cook for directions. It's essentially where you turn off of Hwy 53 and get onto Hwy 24 heading up to Vermilion. It's about 2-3 times as far of a drive as the Landing.

Aces, the landing is a very fun place to hang out. We spent alot of time there last year. We're going to be staying in the same cabin as you the following week. Can I contact you via phone that sat. you are leaving for a report? Send me a pm if that would be ok.

Yes it is on the main drag of cook, just up from the Montana Cafe and across from the laundromat. River Street? It is about 6 or 7 miles from the landing.

Map of cook?

Mugsterdad, I have no problem giving you a report. I went to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Can you send me a PM and then I will reply to it.

I'm having a problem too, e-mail me jeff at griffinmachining (Contact Us Please) com