Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pointerboat

Minnesota 2007 opener?

7 posts in this topic

What lake did you go to , & how did you do?

I had to work all weekend so i didn't fish much, but i did manage to catch one nice fat 20" eye casting off the grade on Lake Okabena on Saturday night. I was casting a firetiger husky jerk.

Trolled around Lime lake in the morning and drifted a bit on Shetek in the afternoon. All we got was the skunk. I'm hoping yous guys did better than the Mrs and I. The weather was nice and we had fun, that's all that counts in my book.

I went over to the currie dam 2:00 sat. morning. Caught a 4lber 5 mins after i got there and caught 2 smaller one right at day break. There was a few other people there after 5 a.m. they also cuaght a few at daybreak. about 12 eyes were pulled out in about 30 mins. ranging from 1-2 1/2 lbs. also quite a few nice crappies as well.

I didn't have a chance to fish a lot. But I got out on Big Stone friday night. Fished from 7:30 to about 11 and again sat morning for an hour. Ended up catching 4 eye's between 14-17, a whole mess of silverbass, 1 sheephead.

Started slow saturday but ending well with 4 walleyes and a slimer. started sunday off with a bang on sunday with three of us limiting out in a hour and half. second best overall opening weekend ive had.

Went to a sw mn lake (NOT the lake by Tracy) 3 of us had our limit my 10:30 am.SAT. White twister tails tipped with a fathead 1/8 oz. jig. I wish the wind would die so I could go back soon.