Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carverfshrmn

Any Word yet?

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Am up getting ready to head out, gotta wait on the wife, LOL, so, any luck? I know they are there, and where, was just checking! cool.gif

just got back in from this morning. 2 guys 2 limits of walters and 2 northerns. 14" to 18" walters. small area lake.

Fished two different lakes. Caught nothing on Lake #1 and three walleyes and a pike on the second lake. Dragging minnows on a jig seemed to work, although I saw others using crawlers and leeches with luck too. Fished the windy side but I think that's changing tomorrow with a south wind. Should have had my limit with a couple on and then off and a broken line on another. The ones that got off felt like nice fish too....but aren't the ones that get off always nice? wink.gif

It was fun to finally put the new boat to work instead of just putting around. Lots to learn about it yet.

Didn't see any issues at the ramps and everyone was pretty friendly on the water. Must have been because the fish were cooperating and everyone is out again.

Nice work guys! Sure was a nice day to be on the water, although we had lightening and some heavy downpours where I was at. We found the 'eyes shortly before we saw lightening, but after the weather moved out, the fish slid deeper and were less agressive. Caught 4 'eyes from 15" - 17.5" and a couple snakes and sheepies to boot. Missed a couple 'eyes too, as is to be expected. tongue.gif

Thank goodness the season is here! laugh.gif

We hit several spots, and did well, got 4, lost several, saw and heard lot of people say the did good too, seems like it was a good day. wink.gif

did very good on a local lake all weekend! the bite was on!

From what im hearing is that there was alot of little fish cought

After i have talked to alot of people, everyone that i have been talking to, was stated that they are getting smaller fish, and that every once in a while, they would get a bigger fish. 17 inchers. cool.gif