Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cabinfever

Crappie/sunfish in East Metro?

3 posts in this topic

Could anyone give me a recommendation on where I could go in the east metro for crappie or other panfish? I'd like to bring my daughter out fishing for the first time. We'll be fishing from shore.

Thanks!

You could give the sunrise pools outside of stacy a try. There are oodles of sunnies and bullheads below the dam, plus a bonus pike and bass

Keller lake is great for sunnies. They are small but will keep the kids going. It's right off of 36 and 61.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• huntnfish
      I took the boat out for a test run last weekend to a quiet little lake. Water temp was 54. This weather isn't going to help with the water temps.
    • cartway
      Is the Vermilion egg capture complete?
    • Steelhead Chaser
      I hope to be out early next week.  Weather and river level depending.  Will post a report if I make it out.  Boat all ready to go.
    • crappie king 42
      I camp on an island so I don't have to worry about the landings and crowds. Do most of our fishing at night so I never worry about other anglers. If I needed to go to a public landing for opener I would never go. 
    • I fish, therefore I lie
      Here's the State's definition of a public water. Please note the highlighted text.  The Sucker is a Designated Trout Stream. (remember the blasting and improvements made back in the 70's? Those were public dollars that paid for it. )  That said, this isn't license for people to slob up private property, only to gain access to the stream. It might mean walking the shoreline from bluebird landing, or down from the freeway, but the water is open, and fishable,  to the high water mark. Subd. 15.Public waters. (a) "Public waters" means: (1) water basins assigned a shoreland management classification by the commissioner under sections 103F.201 to 103F.221; (2) waters of the state that have been finally determined to be public waters or navigable waters by a court of competent jurisdiction; (3) meandered lakes, excluding lakes that have been legally drained; (4) water basins previously designated by the commissioner for management for a specific purpose such as trout lakes and game lakes pursuant to applicable laws; (5) water basins designated as scientific and natural areas under section 84.033; (6) water basins located within and totally surrounded by publicly owned lands; (7) water basins where the state of Minnesota or the federal government holds title to any of the beds or shores, unless the owner declares that the water is not necessary for the purposes of the public ownership; (8) water basins where there is a publicly owned and controlled access that is intended to provide for public access to the water basin; (9) natural and altered watercourses with a total drainage area greater than two square miles; (10) natural and altered watercourses designated by the commissioner as trout streams; and (11) public waters wetlands, unless the statute expressly states otherwise.