Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Thiem

Looked outside latley?

12 posts in this topic

Pretty smokey looking air out there. Is that from the fires way up north?

Yeah! I noticed the same thing. I think it is probably from the big fire. Is the wind from the North???

Yep, straight outta the North. Almost smell the smoke.

If you look at the National Weather Service Lacrosse website, they have a satellite map showing the smoke drifting into our area.

humm.. Longer lowlight/primetime bite...

I'll check it out tonight to be sure. Sure is smokey out thou.

Sure thing! I can smell the smoke too

Funny thing is that I went up to the cities tonight, and no sign of smoke. The air currents must have moved right through the Rochester area.

All the smoke in the area was from a couple of barns that burned to the ground right outside of Pine Island.

Those two barns could not of produced that much smoke to fill that big of an area. Plus the amount of smoke that they did put off would not of lingerd around that long.

DT....Maybe it's time to take off the tinted sunglasses? Get yourself a nice pair of those rose colored ones they talk about.

Today everyone is fishing and I'm working....but, I'm getting caught up and during the week, when everyone else is working, I'm going fishing....got a tip on a good crappie spot.

All the smoke and haze Friday was from the Ham Lake (boundary waters) fire as mentioned earlier.

Just fyi.

It's strange to think of smoke being able to make it all the way down here, but with the right wind...

Last year we had a smoky haze from fires that were burning all the way up in northern Alberta. That was crazy.

Article in the paper yesterday about this very subject.