Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnwild

Goose lake by Harris

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever fished this lake?? I know this is connected to 2 or 3 other lakes, are there decent size fish?? My buddies cabin is on the lake farthest south, I think its called Mandull and he really doesn't fish that much so I am looking for some spots to try.

I fish them for bass all the time. I have caught a

few nice walleyes fishing for bass. There is a slot

limit for walleyes just to let you know.

I believe there is a new 5 crappie limit on that lake now too.

yep- 5 crappie limit and walleyes have a minimum of 17", so basically a 17-20" slot. The lake can be hot at times, but stone cold most of the time. Poor launch, and not that easy to get to. Better bet would be Rush Lake.

Thanks guys for the reply. We did fish the lake last weekend through Monday and we only caught 1 walleye and it was 18". We caught alot of nice size sunnies, not on Goose but one of those other back lakes. We caught a handfull of northerns, 1 huge bullhead and a few crappies.

We'll fish it 2-3 times / year, mostly because we get tired of fighting the boat traffic around the Chisago chain all of the time, there's very few boats on Goose, and the ones that are, usually are people that live on it.

Anyways, about 10 years ago, my dad got a 6.5 lb walleye out of goose, since then........ confused.gif

I still don't know why we keep going back there???

Maybe I'll have to try Rush sometime, never been on the lake personally.

I've been up there the last 4 weekends now and we have been doing pretty good on the panfish. I am not sure which lake it is thou, one of the smaller ones that connects to Goose. We have pulled about 5 Walleye's since opener, all keepers.