Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBMasterAngler

Choice of 3 Lakes

8 posts in this topic

I'll be in st. cloud the weekend after the opener. I'm leaning towards going to sauk lake because the baitstore in town always sells good batches of minnows (rainbow chubs in particular), however Clearwater and Koronis keep calling my name. I eventually want to fish all 3 lakes this summer, but which do I go with for that weekend?

I have never fished Sauk so can't help you with that one but I have fished both Koronis and Clearwater after the opener and caught eyes on both.

Nels

I would pick Koronis. Fish near current at night!

i'd have to go with sauk...always had good luck there and like you said the bait shop in town is one of the best around

I'm taking my fiance's little brother, so it's gonna be a big emphasis on panfish for him, and while he's doing that I'll be targeting pike mostly...and after he spends a couple hours catching a few sunnies I'd like to see him graduate up to some hammer handles. I'll probably do some walleye fishing, but that's not too big of a deal to me. As I stated before, I plan to hit all 3 lakes this summer, but I'm leaning towards sauk just because I'd like to hit it before the algae bloom gets too bad. Gas prices are the main reason I'm looking at clearwater.

With the panfish, pike walleye combo Sauk is a good choice.

Unfortunately the price of gas will be the main factor of my decision making now...and with that being the case clearwater is probably gonna be my choice now.

Another good choice. In fact you really can't go wrong with the three lakes you mentioned. laugh.gif