Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabass77

So what is everyone up to for opener?

10 posts in this topic

We'll be at the family cabin on pokie this coming weekend for opener. Probably hit mille lacs but maybe split hand or just give pokie a shot. Where are good options for pokie on opener? How about split hand? I'll post results when I get back. This is our first year on pokie with the new cabin. I look forward to a great season. Good luck everyone.

nevr fished pokie early splithand I would try by the river and the creek between little and big.

Jason

Seabass,

not sure where your cabin is located, but I used to live on the laplant road and fishing early season was very good on the north shore of the wendigo arm, just to the east of the creek/flowage that comes fro woodtick lake.

there is a public landing there in that flowage.

just in front of the flowage there is an island.

to the east of the island, there is a nice gradual sand flat that drops to the deep from shore. you can work it east to the point and back to the island back trolling with a jig and small shiner, or I have had great success with a slip bobber out in the 12 foot range during the evening bite.

this is based on past outings. I have not done this for a number of years, but if I was going to try pokegama, this would be one of my first stops.

good luck

We are on Laplant, just east of the launch by 1000 feet maybe. Great tips and thanks for the advice.

Seabass, welcome to the neighborhood, your place is very near my house. I am about 500ft. east of the Laplant public access. I will be on Mille lacs for opener but hope to fish Pokie Sunday night, weather permitting. Jigglestick gave great advice, or you could tie on a minnowbait, like a small husky jerk, rogue, or originol rapala and cover some water after dark. Hope this helps, good luck.

Taking notes... I am staying on Pokegama for the summer up until fall. So I plan on a lot of time on Pokie. However I will be on Winnie for opener.

I will be on Winnie sat

Quote:

We are on Laplant, just east of the launch by 1000 feet maybe. Great tips and thanks for the advice.

perfect!

this location is just a couple minutes straight across the lake from you. probably directly north of your cabin.

check it out and let me know how you do. it's been quite a while since I have fished there.

Good Luck!

Great tips everyone, thanks!

SPOT X for me