Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
palisade1kid

Wauk,Squag,Round ,oh my

10 posts in this topic

So these are my 3 main walleye lakes.

Anyone else fish them?

Which Round Lake are you referring to?

The Round between Esquagamah&Waukenabo.

I really don't fish Waukenabo much, I usually hit Esquagamah. So when you are on Waukenabo, do you target Walleyes ? Or catch them while fishing for other fish? Eveytime I 've been there all I caught were Norhterns.

Thanks for any info.

I'm going for eyes.

They are easy to catch as sunfish.

Squag's eyes are much nicer.

I may also hit Esquagagamah on opener if my main plan falls through. Round is also an option, but I imagine opening weekend, Round is somewhat busy. Anyways, goodluck and more importantly good fishing.

Do you think that Rat will be crowded? I have not heard any reports there. Has it been fished pretty hard this winter?

You can have Rat.It got hit hard over the last couple winters when the word got out.

There's still some nice fish there but it's not a lake I really want to work with only 1 hole and mega weeds.

Round in not bad at predawn hours.

I'm gonna hit her by 4 bells and stay into sunrise then hit Sqaug as she has a great day bite.Then back to Roung at 6-10 .Back to Round in the A.M.

fished on Wauk on opener. Had a lot of fun taking my daughter out for Panfish and hammerhandles. Need to spend more time there to find the eyes I think. I may try round this weekend, but it seems like a tight area for parking if its crowded.

good luck

Quote:

fished on Wauk on opener. Had a lot of fun taking my daughter out for Panfish and hammerhandles. Need to spend more time there to find the eyes I think. I may try round this weekend, but it seems like a tight area for parking if its crowded.

good luck

Round was jam packed on openers after the sun came up other wise there was only 1 other boat.

That will subside this weekend.

I had a tough time finding biting eyes on squag too.We did good on Round between 5-8 am and 8-10 pm.

Round is so clear the day bite is tough unless a storm is moving in then all bets are off.