Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuskyBug85

Carp or Suckers??

8 posts in this topic

Has any one seen either of these guys in shallow yet and if so where can i find a few to shoot with my bow??? thanks Jonah

Not sure about getting em w/ a bow, but we were on Cannon River over the weekend and picked up a bunch of them. There were on top the sand bars in 1 - 2 fow. We were just standing on shore and could easily spot them.

Should note that we were located just a couple miles NE of Northfield.

Hey Jonah how are going to hit a carp with your bow if you can't even hit a deer?????????????

Hey Lake Emily is know to have a few the the bay on the end by French hill could have some I have also seen them on west Jefferson near the roads?

Good Luck

Farmer

thanks Farmer, i could get a deer with abow if i had to, maybe. thanks for the heads up i will check out emily this afternoon.

Hey I just talked to a relative today that farms some land SE of Gaylord he said there is a large creek that used to have a ton of carp near a bridge they could not pass but they changed the bridge and have not seen much in recent years my guess is its Rush river and the carp are still there some where just not sure where.

This comes out near Henderson might be worth a look.

Farmer.

thanks for the heads up, i will check it out this week. Sparky and I were out on your lake yesterday and i caught my first Drum, goofy looking fish. i was a little disappointed that you dont have a boat in yet. later, Jonah

Muskybug

Ive got a spot right close to mankato here ive always wanted to shoot the carp with a bow but dont have the setup Id be more than willing to show ya if ya let me get one of em. no boat needed and its a short walk the best part is your on a hillside shootin down its perfect

email me if interested redrocketangler@yahoo.com