Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ice-man/vexilar-king

BEST BEER BATTERED FISH EVER

11 posts in this topic

This looked like a great one to try, just thought i would share it!

YOU WILL NEED: 1 case beer 1c. flour 2 large eggs 1 onion salt pepper fish deep fat fryer oil

Before you start, drink one beer to check for quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead. Get a shallow bowl, fork, salt, pepper, etc. Drink another beer. It must be just right. To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat. With fork, mix flour in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of satl and imx again. Meanwhile, make sure that the beer is of the finest quality-- drink another one. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 pinchers of epperp and mix till high. If yeg golk gets stuck in fork, just scrape it loose with a drewscriver. Drink another beer, checking for tonscisticity. Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn't matter which). Drink antoher reeb. Sift 1/2. Fold in chopped oninions and one babblespoon of bree, or whatever liquid you can find if you don't want to waste beer. Wix mell. Have another beeber. Pour oil in turn and fry deep fater to higher. Dump ifsh into miexd tabber. Now dropped fillettettes into feep dat rfyer and kooc. Drink the rest of the beer, plug unfry ther and bo to ged.

I've had that batter quite a few times. Highly recommended. grin.gif

I think it was the only batter we made when i whent to college! grin.gif

Did somebody say DEX

With the nice weather, I have been eating a lot of fish.

My recipe is real similar to that! But I just taste test the beer while someone else is preparing the fish! smirk.gif

Quote:

To be sure beer is of the highest quality, drink another beer as fast as you can. Repeat.

One question though, how many times do you repeat? I think thats where get messed up, I repeat a couple too many times maybe, but not sure. confused.gif Any advise will be helpful, thanks

Dave I know you use this recipe all the time!! lol!! I love it!!

Andy, when are you coming home? I will be there on the 13th...First time I will miss opener ever. Oh well-let the wind blow and rain without me for once. I plan on fishing pretty head the first two weeks and then I am working with MN Pollution Control and be on the road a lot. I would like to use that boat I have been making payments on for 8 months and haven't seen the water once.

Bindge drenking iz totallly irresposible. It Kan cauz brane damadge and loaer yer IQ. I wood nevar do thad?

Toughguy, You crack me up!!! LOL grin.gif

Dave, I will be home on the weekend of the 11th. I wouldn't feel to bad about missing the opener. I am dam near Walleyed out for a while. I think that catfishing may be on the agenda for the weekend. I will probably chase some eyes with ya whe u get back though. BTW when are you coming back? Better put that boat to use the first couple of weeks then if ur gonna be gone alot this summer. ttyl! wink.gif