Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
beehatch21

inver grove heights?

beehatch21

new to the area and would like to take the kids fishing in the inver grove heights area. i was wondering what are some good lakes to take the kids to? we will be doing shore fishing since i do not have a boat. any info would be great.

thanks

fisherman-andy

There is Simley, that's a good spot to take the kids for pannies. There is also Lions park, Marthaler, & Thompson. These waters have frequent winter kills but the DNR stocks them with panfish for the kids. It also has occasional bass.

bdiddy

Id try the backwaters of the Mississippi. If going at it from shore try out the spot on Doane Trail across from The SA on Concord. We'd catch all kinds of Carp, Sheephead, and Cats down there when I was in high school. There are also some good spots north of where you can put-in under the 494 bridge.

I used to live about a block from Simley pond. Seems nicer to fish now than it used to be. Does anybody know if there are still walleyes in that pond behind the lock up?

South_Metro_Slayer

There a few left but they really hard 2 catch, that little lake had its glory=days, as of simley I heard they been puttin 10" craps in there went there the other day no takers anybody else have any luck on simley

fisherman-andy

Quote:

I used to live about a block from Simley pond. Seems nicer to fish now than it used to be. Does anybody know if there are still walleyes in that pond behind the lock up?

Occasional fish kill. Mostly just potato chip pannies now with heavy fishing pressure from locals every Spring. Luckily the DNR stocks fish every year to prevent the fish population from running dry. Simley is over-rated. You won't have much luck there for any other gamefish except pannies.

South_Metro_Slayer

yeah right

Scott M

Yeah, IGH City Hall has a pond that is stocked with game fish right before opener. Can't go wrong with that and kids. Even now there are panfish ready for the catching.

fisherman-andy

You should see the hords of crowds with bobbers & minnow buckets in the Spring. Again aside from the potatoe chips most of the ponds in the area gets fished out easily.

UdeLakeTom

Stop at Mickey D's across the street and pick up some fries, the carp go wild hitting them. Lots of turtles and goose droppings at Simley. I have lived in the area for 20 years and it wasn't a good location to pick for fishing. But if the kids are little and using spiderman or Barbie rods and reals, pick up some worms and have a blast at Simley pond. They can catch all the little ones they want and you can go across the street for a treat and they will be happy.

beehatch21

how about those little lakes by salem hills elementary school---and the one that backs up to the middle school ball fields? are those worth any time?