Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishhead20

Reflex Bows

9 posts in this topic

i was looking at a few new bows and i was thinking that the reflex super slam bow looked pretty nice. i was wondering if you guys have ever heard anything about them or have shot them. how do they compare to some of the others?

Thanks

Reflex bows are the "discount" line made by Hoyt. I've always heard they are great bows and I personally are considering one when I decide to retire my old Darton.

Don't worry about the "discount" thing as all the major lines ahve them. Mathews makes Mission bows, Hoyt has Reflex and Bowtech makes Diamond. All are great. The best thing to do is shoot as many as you can to find the one that fits you best.

fishhead20,

Both my husband and I shot Reflex bows for a couple of years. They were great bows and I have absolutely no complaints. We switched to Hoyt only because my husband got on their shooting team. His SuperSlam is currently for sale, I sold my Grizzly this past winter. The SuperSlam is an awesome looking bow, with the hoof prints in it. If you decide to get one, I don't think you will be disappointed at all. And you won't have to fork out tons of money for one! Good luck.

fishtrapgirl

thanks for the info

I think they're a great value - not just Reflex but also the Diamonds lookin like the Missions as well. I won't classify them as 'discount', typically they are just a year or so behind in technology. I think thats great cuz you can wait to see what pans out and what doesn't then get it at a good price.

I wasn't quite sure how to clarify the them...discount sounded close.

Its more of a price-point thing.

I've been shooting a Reflex Grizzley for a couple years now and I have been very happy with it. It would be tough to find a nicer bow in that price range. It may collect a little dust this year though, I just finished sighting in my new Diamond Black Ice. smile.gif

The deer I shot with my Reflex Buckskin have nothing to say! grin.gif

I also have a reflex buckskin and I love it for the price. I shot my first deer with it. i wouldnt shy anyone away from a reflex.