• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We are in a crappie tournament this next Sunday. Has anyone found any big crappies anywhere around Alexandria. Any help would be appreciated. We are normally Walleye fisherman so could use some help with the crappies. Thanks.

Is this the one where you catch them on whatever lake you choose and bring them to be weighed at the Iguana? If so, you shouldn't have to travel far from the weigh in station.

I'm fishing in that also. I'm not fishing to close to the Iguana though. I'm heading north about 45 miles. I think the water will be too warm by that time. It's hard to say. I have to call one of the guys who runs it and ask about the limit, because I'm fishing as a team and I don't know if you can still only enter 5 fish or ten?

can you guys give me the info on the tourney? Are there rules and registration forms available?

Quote:

can you guys give me the info on the tourney? Are there rules and registration forms available?

They had some flyers up at the Green Iguana and I guess at some other places in Glenwood and Alec. Better look soon though because the tourny is this Sunday.

You can find entry forms at Christopherson Bait in Alexandria. I was in there yesterday and saw them. As for the limit, it is five fish per boat/team. It looks like you have to have your entries in by Friday May 4th. Good luck to everyone!

As of Saturday, only 17 of the 40 spots were taken for the tournament according to the sign up board at the Iguana. And yes, it is 5 fish/boat (not per team member).

I'm in the tournament as well,best of luck to all!

We need to start spreading the word to fill up this tourny or no one's going to make any money. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!! grin.gif

Well men it looks like were going to have a wet and wild weekend!! Don't forget to pack the rain gear...

with winds of 40+ mph and morning rain, boats still managed to catch fish. I believe about half of the boats brought in a 5 fish limit with the winners at just over 5 lbs. Big fish was around 1 lb 4 oz. Less than 1/2 brought in any fish to get weighed.......

Unfortunately I was one of those boats who didn't bring any in. We fished four different on lakes on Saturday between Ottertail and Alexandria and never caught one crappie. So we didn't even go out Sunday. We decided it would be a good idea to stay out until 3 in the morning and get bombed. crazy.gif Oh well, maybe next year!!

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those boats that caught fish either. We did some shore fishing after about 2 hours of getting tossed around on two separate lakes by the wind.

King_Fisher, unless you're really tight in the money run after day 1 of those tourney's I'd probably go with your choice too. Did the Iguana have a good crowd Saturday night?

We weren't at the Iguana, we went to Tobys on the lake in Glenwood and then to a smaller bar in Lowry. Tobys was hopin. There were a lot of good lookin girls there. We tried to get some of them to come fishing with us but I think we were feeling a little too confident at that point. wink.gif

Maybe you mean Torgy's on Minnewaska? Were you at the Hatchery in Lowry? Stacy cooks up a mean meal at the Hatchery, glad he's back running the show there.

Yeah Torgy's, that was it. I liked that bar. It was a fun place to stop after a long day on the lake. I'm not sure of the name of the bar in Lowry. I met a really nice older lady named Mama G that kept the liq flowing for us. She let us stay after close awhile too.

If you were with Mama G you were at the Hatchery. Definitely a great fun place to hang out. You can't go wrong when Stacy has the Hatch.

-Hossienda