Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slimngrizzly

Lowrance 3600c iGPS doesn't get signal!!!

6 posts in this topic

I just bought a Lowrance 3600c iGPS with the internal antenna. I just floated around for an hour and this dang thing wouldnt pick up any satallites. mad.gif I have an H2O so I know the basics, are these internal antenna units crap or what? Is it possible to buy a puck and add it on to a gps with internal antenna? Any suggestions would be great... Thanks! confused.gif

Had the same trouble with the 332i or whatever it was. Went with the external now.

I guess they still have not figured that out. My $1.25 -- return it and get the external.

There are few things you should check. Is the unit in a location that allows unobstructed access to the satellites above, did you power the NMEA network cable which powers the antenna, did you ground both of the black ground wires AND the bare shield wire, and did you tape off all of the colored 0183 networking wires individually to prevent shorts? Any of these things could cause your GPS module not to respond. Sorry, but there is no way currently to connect an exterior antenna to the IGPS models.

I only hooked up the power? Black and red with the white taped off. The other wires I taped off as well. The NMEA 2000 cord is my antenna???? I didnt know that, I thought that was for some other networking mumbo-jumbo? confused.gif

Well, I will try and connect the NMEA red to Pos+ and the black and silver to the neg-, and see how that goes. Thanks for the help, I hope that works! wink.gif

I don't think that is the antenna I was told it is internal, but moved away from the location of the 332i?

you dont have to power the nmea cords for the internal antenna

it is powered by the unit. mine gets a signal inside my shop so it could be something else.