Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turk

Opener

2 posts in this topic

Fished a lot of spots yesterday, saw no fish being caught for the most part, and I came to the conclusion it was going to be a tougher opener, and it was. On my guide trip we did manage nine legals and a 25" walleye was the biggest (released of course). No real secret worked crawlers all day for the catches, and stayed in the teens for depth.

The bite will be interesting this spring...

Keep catchin'

Turk

Got down to the river around 5am jumped around looking for the bite, managed to put some eyes in the boat at least, noticed that some of the eyes had redness around their tail area must of just finished spawning or something else is going on there! Graphed a nice group of eyes laying on the flat in 17 feet circled around, shut the big motor down dropped the electic and came over them, bang one, couple of minutes later bang another, then I had some gentlemen anchor over by my marker and it was over, couldn't find them any where, can't believe they spooked so easy, so I moved on guess it just wasn't ment to be, did alittle bottom bouncing managed a couple sheep, caught all but one on crawlers riggen, tip of the hat Turk, loved the rod. cool.gifcool.gif See you on the water!! cool.gif