Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natebuddy

XD Handgun.....Imput Please

9 posts in this topic

I'm Looking at purchasing another handgun. I own a couple now. I have a Ruger KP89 9mm and a Glock 23 40SW. I am hearing great things about the new Springfield XD. I want a new sub compact for conceal and carry so I am looking at various guns. One guy at Cabela's told me that they sell very few Glocks anymore since the XD came to market. I have held it and it feels and points great. If you close your eyes and raise the gun, then open your eyes, the sights are almost always lined up. What are some of your experiences with this gun? I am definitely leaning toward this gun instead of another Glock. Before holding this gun, I couldn't have imagined buying anything but another Glock. I need some imput from some XD owners!

Thanx

Nate

I bought one in the 40 cal. 4 inch service model. I had never had a handgun before this so I have nothing to compare it to, but it sure is a dream to shoot. I am very satisfied. The main selling point for me was the way it felt in my hand and the safetys. Oh yeah, the 2 clips, holster, speed loader, clip holder and carrying case was a (Contact Us Please) good deal also.

Wife just won an XD in .45 at an NRA banquet and I've got about 50 rounds through it is all, but it does shoot great and it does feel great in the hand! First auto for me and it is fun to pull trigger on that thing!!

A couple of guys I work with have purchased them. (2) .45's and a .40, and they are very happy with them. I may purchase one along with another coworker. They have offered to let me shoot them so I'll try to report back. Any other input would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I have the XD9 (9mm) and like it a lot. Haven't put all that many rounds through it yet but it feels/shoots good in my opinion.

I have an XD45 4" and I really like it, I would recommend it over a Glock just because as you mentioned, close your eyes, bring it up, and you are on target. Its a full size, OK to carry, conceals nice, but 14 rounds gets heavy if you have the mag fully loaded.

Like all handguns it’s personal fit/taste. Glocks, SA, CZ, FNH all make reliable firearms, its what fits your hand and how you shoot that makes the difference. I’ve got a XD .45, that I really like. I looked at Glocks and they didn’t fit my hand very well.

I’d recommend taking a run up to Bill’s in Robbinsdale, they’ve got a good selection of XD’s you can rent (They’ll take the rental costs off your purchase). See how you like it Vs getting an expensive door stop from internet advice.

Well I pulled the trigger myself, so to speak, and got a 4" .40 service XD a bit ago, and shot it for the first time this last weekend. I have no regrets thus so far, other than not getting it as cheap as others seem to. The only other pistol I was interested in was the new SW M&P, but didn't like the trigger feel on it. Otherwise I was very close to purchasing that instead. Any one here have any thoughts on the M&P?

I finally bought one myself a couple weeks ago. I bought the subcompact 3.5" 40 S&W, stainless. I've put about 300 rounds through it. I love it, very accurate. I actually like it better than my Glock 23.