Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bgreen82

help please!

bgreen82    0
bgreen82

hey guys, i just bought a boat and picked it up today. it has a merc. 15 hp 2 stroke motor, serial # 0t001765. pretty sure it is a 50:1 gas to oil ratio but wanted to find out for sure. anyone know or know of a place where this info. may be.

Powerstroke    21
Powerstroke

Call the place you bought it from. Also check out the "Boats and Motors" forum above in the outdoor activities area.

Otherwise google the motor. Try calling a marine place and play dumb about the motor. They should have the answers.

bgreen82    0
bgreen82

got it taken care of. went to a place to buy motor oil and they confirmed the 50:1. got out on the water with it for the first time, out on bald eagle. checked four or five different spots before we hit em. then went for about 20-25 in an hour and a half or so. few sunnies, but mostly crappies. biggest ones were 9".

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Meterman
      I noticed this spring that the higher end Shimano Stradic and others have eliminated the ability to back reel (no reverse) which I believe is a huge mistake, I don't like it!    any others have comments?
    • bbfenatic
      Been out chasing crappies again in the DL area..been a while...finding some nice ones in mouth of a river...pic of a couple
    • monstermoose78
      Went up north grouse hunting it was fun. I must say having a dog makes it better.  This weekend is duck opener and I am jacked up for it. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      The public launch at The Landing on the west end stays open until the ice sets in, but they do pull the dock sometimes around the end of October / beginning of November.
    • KidMoe
      Just curious if people are finding fish moving into fall patterns yet or still finding them in more summer locations?  I've been finding good sized panfish in deeper water myself around more mid lake structure. Most of the lakes I've been on are still pretty green with algae and weeds. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Captain Acorn, I use Gamagatu  octopus hooks. Size 4 for crawlers and size 2 for minnows. Red, black, chartreuse, and pink , mostly red and black. I use orange and green glow soft beads at times. (Worked today!) Cliff
    • Barrington
      NOW BOOKING FOR THE 2018 ICE FISHING SEASON!!
      LIMITED SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE..   Barrington Lake camp will now be offering remote ice fishing for the very first time thanks to its unique train access. You can also come by ski-doo from the town of Savant Lake. Its a 30-45min ride. Ice fishing with us at Barrington r Camp will be one of the coolest fishing trips you ever experience! Pristine snow covered lakes in the rugged Canadian Shield. Remoteness! Where the fish are plentiful and tasty! During our ice fishing season, we use the main lodge for accommodations. The air tight wood stoves in every room keep you  toasty warm and the propane lights make it cozy and rustic. This is remote ice fishing at its best. At camp you will have a heated room, Wi-Fi, full kitchen with propane fridge and stove, a newly built heated outhouse, and electricity on demand to charge batteries and extra lights. A flat screen TV for hockey games is also available. We access numerous lakes by snowmobile, ATV and even snowshoes. We travel with portable ice huts to keep us mobile and on top of fish.  Water will be available through the lake but there will be no running water for showers. The fishing has been outstanding all summer long so why not extend it year round. Main species in the lake are walleye, northern, white fish, and some perch. There has been numerous 26"-30" walleye's caught on a weekly basis through out the summer. This camp and lake have been private up until this past summer. 90% of groups who came for the first time this year have already booked for next year. References are available.
      Limited spots available for ice-fishing. Only 2 rooms available in the winter months. You will have 1000's of acres of water at to your self.   ******4 Man Sunday to Monday Special $600/Person******
      Included in the package.. -Accommodations
      -Train tickets
      -Ice auger
      -Ice Shelter
      -Quad or Ski doo for traveling the late All you need is your equipment & Food. Our ice fishing packages are very flexible and can be customized to suit your requests. Come try one of our Northwestern Ontario winter getaways, ice fishing remote waters! The train departs either Armstrong Ontario north of Thunder Bay, or Sioux Look out Ontario 2 days a week. Its a 1.5 hour ride direct to camp from either direction. Dates can be re-arranged to suit your needs.
      Call or e-mail for more information.
      Tonnes of new reviews & references available from this year.
      Check out our website at www.barringtonlakecamp.com
      or our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Barringtonlake/ Jonathan & Lyndsey
      807-584-2202
      807-407-4202                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      807-407-3997
      You wont be disappointed!! No one has been yet!
    • Hoey
    • Captain Acorn
      I was up for a long weekend this past weekend. For us the only thing that was working leadcore with cranks 18-24fow looks of eaters but not one over 18" couldn't get the digging raps rigs or jog and minnow to go but I'm sure it's not far off caught about half of mine on cranks when I was turning and didn't seem to matter weather the pole was on the inside or outside 2.2 2.4 was our speed flicker shads and deep runner raps #5 and 7. Cliff what style and size of hook do u use for your minnow rigs? Any beads used? 
    • monstermoose78
      This weekend near grand marais on thursday and Friday the no see ems were out. A few skeets but once it cooled down the no see ems were gone. Fished a lake that known for horrible bugs and it was not bad.