Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bear05

Water Levels

6 posts in this topic

What are the river and lake water levels up that way looking like so far this year?

Thanks,

AJ

Low. Very, very low.

Deerdragger is right. It is extremely low.

Kyle

I live on a small (100 +- acre) lake that last late summer and fall was lower than I've seen it in my 16 years here. The rains last weekend helped, it's now back up to about what I expect to see for this time of year, having gained about 8-10 inches with the subsequent run-off (or run-in?). I suppose the topo around each lake affects this differently, but I'm pleased with how we're looking right now. PS- last night was my first time in a boat this year, I caught 6 crappies in the 10 to 11 inch range, and my buddy got zip, zilch, nada, skunked, but hey- who keeps track of who caught how many?

I am wondering if anybody knows what the access conditions on bowstring are? We usually use the public access on the north end of the lake, but a few years ago we were unable to get on the lake because of very low water levels.

looked at bowstring sat and it was low I would say 2-3 ft

landing will be bad if we dont get no rain soon

Jason