Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckycrank

SAVED GPS COORDINATES

4 posts in this topic

I AM NOT REAL GOOD WITH COMPUTERS SO I AM JUST GOING TO COME OUT AND ASK, IS THERE A WAY TO TRANSFER GPS COORDINATES FROM AN SD CARD TO YOU COMPUTER AND LIKE WISE BACK TO THE SD CARD

I have the Lakemaster software for my computer and have transferred waypoints that I created on my software to a chip which will load to your graph. I have never transferred waypoints that I created on the lake to my computer software, but I would think you could do it. You need a MMC card reader to do this.

You'll need to buy an SD/MMC card reader, about $20-$25. Make sure it has a USB connection, then just follow the instructions for the card reader on how to upload them from the card in the card reader onto your computer. I bought a $20 Sandisk card reader from Fl--t Fa-- to same them from my Ifinder onto a card and upload to my new 520C, it was REALLY easy.

It is very easy as said above as long as you have the card reader. The card reader is essentially a floppy drive and your SD/MMC cards are floppy disks. When you take the SD card with your waypoints file and put it in the reader, all you have to do is use the Windows Explorer file system to copy-and-paste it to a folder of your choice on your PC. Same goes if you want to move a file from the PC to your SD card.

I transfer my waypoints at the end of every season...i.e., when the boat gets put away I save the waypoints from the locator/GPS to the SD card and name it Fall 06 or something like that. Then I take the card and put it into my H20 and load that file for ice fishing. At the end of winter I'll save a file called Spring 07 from the H20 and then dump that file back into my boat graph and so on. I also will store a copy each time on my PC in case something happens to the SD card. They are fairly fragile and wouldn't put a lot of faith in them.

Good Luck!