Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckycrank

SAVED GPS COORDINATES

4 posts in this topic

I AM NOT REAL GOOD WITH COMPUTERS SO I AM JUST GOING TO COME OUT AND ASK, IS THERE A WAY TO TRANSFER GPS COORDINATES FROM AN SD CARD TO YOU COMPUTER AND LIKE WISE BACK TO THE SD CARD

I have the Lakemaster software for my computer and have transferred waypoints that I created on my software to a chip which will load to your graph. I have never transferred waypoints that I created on the lake to my computer software, but I would think you could do it. You need a MMC card reader to do this.

You'll need to buy an SD/MMC card reader, about $20-$25. Make sure it has a USB connection, then just follow the instructions for the card reader on how to upload them from the card in the card reader onto your computer. I bought a $20 Sandisk card reader from Fl--t Fa-- to same them from my Ifinder onto a card and upload to my new 520C, it was REALLY easy.

It is very easy as said above as long as you have the card reader. The card reader is essentially a floppy drive and your SD/MMC cards are floppy disks. When you take the SD card with your waypoints file and put it in the reader, all you have to do is use the Windows Explorer file system to copy-and-paste it to a folder of your choice on your PC. Same goes if you want to move a file from the PC to your SD card.

I transfer my waypoints at the end of every season...i.e., when the boat gets put away I save the waypoints from the locator/GPS to the SD card and name it Fall 06 or something like that. Then I take the card and put it into my H20 and load that file for ice fishing. At the end of winter I'll save a file called Spring 07 from the H20 and then dump that file back into my boat graph and so on. I also will store a copy each time on my PC in case something happens to the SD card. They are fairly fragile and wouldn't put a lot of faith in them.

Good Luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Jim Almquist
      I have OR 18s on the front and OR16s on the back and it works just fine. I have never had a board get off which is what you want on Superior. I use a mix of Offshore and Opti Tackle boards.
    • kayakfisherman
      Hi guys!  I used to be on this site long ago (participating mostly in the Mille Lacs forum), and the system wouldn't recognize my email.  So I created a new user name.   I'm planning to spend May and June in Ely.  My project is to autochart and create maps of a few small lakes I like off the Echo Trail, which I'll do via my Helix I have mounted on my bright orange fishing kayak.   I don't need any advice, as I pretty much know the area and what works to catch fish.  I'm just looking to possibly connect with other Ely anglers while I'm up there.  I'm tentatively planning on starting next week, assuming the "wintery mix" and wind in the forecast abates.  I'll be paddling around a bunch of different small lakes, going back and forth and back and forth, listening to either WELY or WEVE on my radio.  So if you see me, stop by and say hey.
    • huntnfish
      First off, welcome to the site. The Red River page gets kind of quiet but if you look back at previous posts there's a lot of good info. I've never fished much for cats but when I have I have always used cut up goldeye. I've also heard frogs are good but I have no first hand experience with that.    1- I feel that the fishery in Fargo is excellent and overlooked by a lot of people. The biggest eyes that I've caught have been on the river.  2,3- I normally use a chartreuse twister tail on the river with a jig head. The main reason for the color choice is because that is what I have an abundance of. I've caught them on white and yellow also. I don't use live bait at all unless the kids are along. They're not really able to do much pitch and retrieve yet and the minnows give them a little better chance I feel.  4- the only thing I've used is cut bait so I'd recommend finding some gold eyes or some suckers and chunk them up for bait.  5- last time I looked the ND NR license was something like $35.    My biggest tip for the river and pitching jigs would be that if you aren't getting snagged once in a while your jig is too light. Hung up too often and you are too heavy. I'm normally in the 1/8-1/4 ounce range. I have also caught a bunch of fish pitching cranks. I wasn't a believer until I watched Ed Carlson fish next to me and reel in fish while I kept on pitching my jig and not getting anything. Try something that's got a nice wide wobble. And if you are going to toss anything into the river be sure to remember that anything thats tied onto that line may not come back. I have donated lots of tackle to the old river gods over the years but I have also been rewarded with a lot of fish and some real dandies. These river fish have a lot of fight in them.     Remember that if you're keeping any walleyes or sauger on the red is that the limit is less than the MN and ND bag limit. I have seen more than one person ticketed at the north dam with their stringer of 4 eyes.     
    • eyeguy 54
      Hit the secret beach on the sippi for a couple hours today with some crawlers. wind was pretty crazy. smally bit first then a sucker. then the eyes moved in and I decided to leave. a young guy came down while I was fishing and was casting a spinnerbait and I asked him what he was after. he said bass so I let him know that it is illegal to target them and eyes till next month and that the game warden watches people in the area quite often. He said he had no idea he could not fish for them, thanked me and said he wont cast anymore. nice young guy. I bet he will be down again with some crawlers. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      I've seen a lot of people dragging raps for "crappies" before the opener