Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shooter_mcgavin

Albert Lea Lake?

14 posts in this topic

We've got a camping trip coming up this weekend to Myre Island State Park. Is there any shore fishing for sunnies or crappies to speak of within the park on Albert Lea Lake? Thanks!

I can see why nobody responded, what a gem of a lake! I wouldn't want the secret getting out either. Absolutely the best lake I've fished this spring.

Fished with Flamefox for a couple of hours this Saturday.

Thanks bud.

He showed me where the "bait shop" was located and drove me to a couple of hot spots so my family could catch a few crappies. (will post picture later)

Good meal that night!

Might try it again tonight with my boys and my brother-in-law.

hi there, it was fun to fish with ya too smile.gif i am so glad to see happy people having fun. how did ya do last nite, its going to rain i can smell it, hardly any wind, that will change soon today. if anyone wants to fish over here email me at flamefox2010@yahoo.com

I didn't know that Albert Lea lake was any good, thought is full of pollution from the meat packing plant days. Did they clean it up, and what kind of fish did they stock in it? I'll have to give it a try. Maybe drag snapcrackpop along with me.

It was a good time. A few crappies for the frying pan. I even kept 2 bullheads to try them. WOW, I was surprised. My kids only want to catch them to eat now.

Here is the nicest one from the night. Brother-in-law in background.

ALFISH.jpg

Thanks again.

Any luck with the morning bite?

Quote:

I didn't know that Albert Lea lake was any good, thought is full of pollution from the meat packing plant days. Did they clean it up?

Flamefox any info?

i dont fished the channel or the lower lake, just fountain lake above the dam by katerine island, edgewater or the 2 brides past the hospital.

opps i ment bridges past the hospital. walleyes, catfish, bullheads, sunnies, a few pike, crappies just like the one in the pic.

Well it may have been the best lake I've been on this spring.....but its also the only lake I've fished this spring, and I didn't catch anything.... wink.gif

Ask for a little advice and nobody is around; but post that I had great fishing and suddenly there's a bunch of interest! Just havin some fun with ya.

Yea, sorry about that, but Sunday was the first time I ever fished it and Monday night was the 2nd.

Good luck!

i was down in that area also,i think earlier in the day caught a 2.5 lb largemouth ,released, out of there and kept a 29" channel cat, good fishin!few crappies also, we have a good thing going in these lakes, and if everyone picks up a little garbage this weekend it will only get better! lets try to keep these lakes clean everyone- thanx and good fishin!

Does anyone have any info on the walleye fishing? I saw on the DNR website that they had some huge gill net lifts in the last survey. I am not looking for anyone's honey hole. I am just looking for how to fish them down there. I thought the lake was very shallow. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

the walleyes are very small 3 to 6" long and tons of them to last nite a few crappies are showing up agian thats some good news.