Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tacklebox7FF

Anyone Bowfish in the Area??

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering if there was any areas you could bowfish from shore or a bridge?? or if anyone has seen anyone bowfishing in the area before..

I think the better spots in the area are at places like Orwell dam tailwater, or at the Otter Tail L outlet. I suppose it's possible to shoot at places like Buck's Mill or Dunton Locks but I think you'd be better off in places in OT county. There don't seem to be as many roughfish further upstream the Pelican and Otter Tail rivers like down in Fergus. Just my $0.02

There is a spot Across the road from Pelican lake were I always see carp in the summer. IF you travel the county road that runs from ZOrbas towards the public acess and the RV park, you will find water that runs through a culvert into the lake, not the one by ZOrbas but furhther down. Carp are always butted up against the road side. THere is a Gravel road that goes south of the black top, the slough there. Maybe 1/2 inbetween ZOrbas and the access.

I have heard of guys doing real well on Ottertail in a channel like Dead said.

For me I have not bowfished for years. I used to bowfish on the Minnesota River below the Lac Qui Parle Dam. was lots of fun.

go down to stalker or ten mile and shoot some gar. that's pretty badass.

Find any area on a river just behind a dam. you should do pretty well

Some lakes are good too rose and long both have good populations of big carp.

Swannies is another good bet, but more so for suckers than carp. One of my favorite places to bow fish is the buffalo river, just look for shallow slack water and you'll find all sorts of rough fish.

I pretty much know all the spots around the fergus area... I was wondering if there was any in the DL area...?

There are some spots at Long Lake by Vergas that have numbers of carp on them. Other lakes to try woudl be sybil and rose.

thanks man..do you need a boat?

To actually bowfish the lake yes but there are some rivers around the lakes that hold carp where you can shoot from shore. Not sure if there is any public place to shoot on Rose but i know for long you will at least need a boat too get you in the area.

Some large carp to be had just EAST of Swannies in that bay area. Maybe 30-40 of them swimming around today.

Mike