Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royal Dutchman

Thanks to all from the Dutchman (& woman)!

6 posts in this topic

You guys are the best! It was great to put faces with names and FM handles and hope that none of you are offended if we can't readily put them back together the next time we see you. Maybe by the 3rd or 4th time?

The spring season can be the most stressfull and at the same time the most rewarding for us. The challenging conditions early on lead to some sleepless nights but the response of our customers was incredible. We've tried to make our cancellation policy as fair as possible & still protect ourselves to some degree and everyone has been very understanding. This year demonstrated that spring Rainy is not for the fair-weather fisherman!

We have gotten to share in so many experiences this spring that we feel we are the fortunate ones in the relationship. The father/son & family groups are so rewarding, as are all the new personal best fish caught. The high fives and back-slappy that occur when we have played even a minute role give us a feeling beyond description.

We thank our customers for being so kind to our facillity that we still have time to hit the water after our housekeeping chores are done. It is great to drift down beside a customer and watch as they tie into a nice fish or the hand-shakes (and beer) on the ramp from FM'ers that we didn't have rooms for, thanking us for posting.

THANK YOU for a great season and thanks to FM for such a great site!!

Thank YOU Doug & Marilyn! So nice to have a facility like your's, and people like you during any season. I've only enjoyed the spring, but will have to consider some summer/winter trips as well. HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!

I'm comin' back next spring, and will have with me lots more friends and clients.

Bet you guys wish you could spread some of this activiy throughout the rest of the year, huh?

Ever think about throwing together a bunkhouse? Seriously, those of us that roll in at 10:00 pm and leave at 6:00 am don't require a whole lot more than just a place to crash.

I really enjoyed my time there (wish I could have been there more). Maybe, if I can stick a good buck early this year, and get a break in my musky fishing schedule in October, I can get up there and experience the fall bite. Have always wanted to do that....Doug, you got me curious now.

Take care, and thanks again

Thanks Marilynn for the great place to stay, the sunday phone call to tell us the river opened up, and of course the life jackets were nice too. Made it back to Colorado and was back up skiing the following weekend - but I'm still thinking about all those wally's!!

I hope you guys at the Dutchman have a great rest of the year and we'll be seeing you in May and again in October.

Scott

Kinda gets in the blood, doesn't it Scott? Afraid you opened up a can of worms with the phone call thing. Now everyone will be expecting their call. You were the exception to the rule with your travel timing and all.

You make me a bit jealous with the skiing thing but it also makes me rub my knee and think about a nasty mogul at Breckenridge about 20 years ago!

We're looking forward to May also. Haven't caught an eye for 7 days and I'm getting a bit shakey! Guess we'll have to go play with sturgeon.

I like to send you a big thanks too. In the three trips this year, we had as good a time as any previous. A important part to that success was you guys updating us on here and also your willingness to talk to us "pests" on the phone. Hopefully see you this fall for a waterfowl/walleye/sturgeon/grouse/deer combo(or whatever else you have running around there!).