Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Doop

Fiberglass v.s. Aluminum

Doop

Hey guys,

I live down here in fiberglass country, where most everyone runs a fiberglass bass boat. We get some pretty rough water and I can't imagine a bass boat handles 3 footers very well. I am looking at buying a boat but was hoping to get some input from you guys first. If I bought a bass boat down here and ended up moving back north (which is going to happen in about 2-3 years) would I be able to get a good price for it when we moved back north? I know that's kind of a relative question. But I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this!

If I go with aluminum, I'm looking at Lund or Crestliner. What do you guys think?

Central Bassman

I think it depends on what kind of fiberglass boat it is. Rangers have a great re-sale value but i dont think you will have any problems trying to sell it. If the price is right people will but it. wink.gif

DougSpringBay

Hey Doop,

Drop me an e-mail if you would.

sprgbay@uslink.net

Doug

sparcebag

I'd go with the flow,If you get a glass boat now you may be wise to sell it in Tex.You'll get a better price.I've lived in Texas,Cal,where glass bass boats were the thing,I always wondered why not a boat that handles big water,I guess the bass boys made em big.When you return north get a boat that fits the water you'd be fishing

GlassEyeangler

I agree if you buy a glass boat in TX...sell it before you move. I too used to live in glass country, but moved to MN where I've seen 12' Lund's that are 20+ years old, go for more $$ than 20'+ glass boats.

I've noticed Lund and Alumacraft on the lakes more than any other aluminum boat made - probably because they are made in MN. One boat that grabbed my attention this weekend, was a brand new Polar Kraft. It had a great floor plan...lots of room!

I have a 14' Alumacraft with a 25hp Johnson...it's over 25 years old and we love it! Remember we go after fish with teeth in MN too...he he.

Happy boat hunting!

smile.gif