Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wantatrophy

Prior lake?

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out on Prior lake yet? If so, any luck?

Fished the lower lake this evening. Caught crapies in 12-14 FOW. Temp was 46 degrees. Tube jigs were the ticket...

Somebody should have a report for today. I was at the launch and had to turn around and go home because there was not one spot left to park. confused.gif

So fess up guys, how were the biting? By the lip I bet. grin.gif

I did not do well on Saturday - Tried lots of warm water, shallow bay type spots - The only place they were getting a few (crappies and bluegills)was up by the hwy 21 bridge, but there were 8 boats and another half dozen guys on shore in that little northwest corner of the bay in there.

was out saturday and sunday in paradise bay. .. tough bite but it seemed like the warmest water in there and the bay over to it. they did turn on a little bit more on sunday. caught about 10 keepers. its tough right now but it should pick up as this warm weather steadies and gets these fish back in a pattern.

Fished Prior today in the bay by the hwy21 bridge. Caught a couple of bull sunnies and a few Crappie. Bite was very slow and short. Water temp was 45.6 in the morning and 49.2 when we left. Better days ahead

Found 56 degree water on the north side. Not tons of fish yet. I think the big fish are still deep

I saw in my local paper on Saturday that the lake level on Prior Lake is up 25" from last December. Seems like an awful lot runoff coming from somewhere.

I would not want to be living on this lake if we had a normal rainfall and snowfall. Can you say wet basement. shocked.gif